Friday 24 October 2008

Untitled (suggestions welcome)

Apologies in advance, there are some slightly ropey bits in this poem, although I hope that overall it get by okay.

The days last long when darkness brings not sleep.
No help from the warm drink or counted ewe.
Even resort to the bottle 'tis true,
Brings no cure. Soon one wishes to sit and weep.
Out of the window on the streets you peep:
Shrouded in slumber are all but the few;
Workers and those who stay wakeful, like you;
Knowing it will come slowly, at a creep.
And yet, we know, as with the rolling tide,
That when the future comes it all will cease
And we with joy unto our beds will fly:
Lifted up on soaring dreams to ride,
From the shackles of waking now released.
And so to the Future look you and I.

Mike, this is dedicated to you, not particularly because the content is anything I think is particularly relevant to you (although I think you know where I'm coming from), but as a thank-you: thanks for quoting me and thanks for your support with this.

It's also for all the people who found the last post a bit too geeky. Not that the people who liked the last post can't appreciate this as well or anything, in fact if you did want to be geeky about it, there are some interesting patterns here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am honoured, truely. Titles can always be tricky and I still have poems untitled. I think it is sometimes more interesting not to title a work, brings out people's curiosity. However, titles are quite important and I would come back to it at a later date, if needs be :).

Your biggest Fan
Mike

Anonymous said...

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/prophesise/wdbns/series.php

Could do with a bit of work, admittedly. But see what you think.