Friday 10 October 2008

The Feeling

I wake up with The Feeling, like I could cry,
Only crying doesn't come easily to me.
Hysteria and panic open the flood gates,
But even then only sometimes.

The Feeling makes my head spin,
Drowning in a salty ocean,
With nowhere to go.
So It travels to my stomach.

The nausea wrenches at me,
Telling me I'll faint or puke.
But nothing happens,
Just The Feeling,

Stagnating.

A poem in recognition of National Poetry Day (Thurs 091008), addressing, in a roundabout fashion, my depression in recognition of World Mental Health Day (Fri 101008).

Apologies to any English students/lovers, it's very poorly written. I used free verse primarily because I'm lazy; I've never actually been a huge fan of it as a poetical form.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quite liked it. It's free flowing and very descriptive.

Anonymous said...

Did you mean to have the verses funnel down to stagnating? cos that's pretty cool.

Itastelikedeath said...

@ Mike: Thanks
@ Mark: Um...yes, yes course I meant that *shifty eyes*

Anonymous said...

Ooo poetry! I'm rubbish at writing poems, so anyone who can write poetry gets my vote! And I like this. Though it's not unexpected of a damn fine English student. (Well back at St. Mark's)

P.S. Did that make any sense?