Sunday 20 April 2008

Hell, tanj and damnation

Oh fan-bloody-tastic, only just over twelve hours until the start of a new term and I'm feeling the approach of a panic attack. Hence writing this post; I am hoping that banal distractions will hold of the worst until bed-time when I can hope to sleep off the fear.

The worst thing is that I didn't even think I was scared: I was looking forward to a new start and a new kick up the preverbial, and I was actually looking forward to seeing my Uni colleagues again. Okay, so I'm fairly apprehensive about the exams, but from what I can gather I am in fact no worse off than anyone else; all the people I've been in touch with are as scared/unmotivated as I am, if not more (scary in itself, eh).

So I thought this term would be different, and we can but hope that it's simply first day nerves: a slightly elevated version of what everyone feels when returning to work after a holiday. However, if it isn't, standby for some serious self-pity: I will not be happy if this starts all over again.

As the poet once said I'm "Twitching like a finger on the trigger of a gun". For many people's sake, pray that I don't twitch too much, or I might just loose one (or two), and that, let's face it, would be kind of bad.

Now, where's that Whiskey...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope today went cool.

Here's something to cheer you up:

http://twitter.com/WilliamShatner

it's even better than you think!

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you HannaH

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope everything cool. I can only imagine the torments of Uni, while I squander my life.

Seriously, though, I hope everything is cool.