Thursday 17 January 2008

Only Slightly Worried

Howdy.

So I've been a bit ill lately (more than usual), and it has made me think about some stuff. I have discovered that although I'm not now panicing that I will fail and not be able to handle life, that I have gone to the complete other extreme, and now don't really give a toss one way or the other. Every time I think to myself 'I should do some work' another, bigger part of me says 'stuff it, I don't want to'. The problem is that it's not like I'm distracting myself in a big way with anything else, most of the time I just want to curl up in bed and disappear, because that would save having to face anything. I think I'm just being lazy, but I can't kick myself out of it; it's not specifically that I can't be bothered, I just don't want to.

On the plus side when I was thinking about my counselling session (I'm giving it a go), and planning various methods of suicide again, I realised just why it is that I'm still alive, which also helped me my write my epitaph for when I do go:

'A Burden to others; God's test of the patience and kindness of those around her.'

Good eh, I've finally worked out that I don't really have a purpose to fulfill of my own, but that I'm here as part of other people's purposes to highlight their goodness; sort of like the preverbial Albatross to everyone else's Ancient Mariner.

So to sum up; my working life is shite and I'm not sure how to remedy it, but at least I know now why it is I have to put up with it.

5 comments:

Itastelikedeath said...

thank you american genius, I thought it was pretty cool

Anonymous said...

sounnds like you've sorted yourself out now girl!
at least you haven't got to worry about failiure anymore, now you can go out and have some fun,safe in the knowledge that there really isn't any point to it so What the hell ! :)

Itastelikedeath said...

annonymity scares the shit out of me

Anonymous said...

Well as long as you stick around to test my patience for a long time I'll be happy - better a moany depressive HannaH than no HannaH at all! (Please sense the irony - 'cos I don't think you're moany, just depressed)

Seriously, you had better hurry up and come visit - otherwise I'm going to head down your way and kick your arse!!!

NOW GET OUT OF BED SOLDIER AND DO SOME FRACKING WORK!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

don't be scared babe. . . . .

be very afraid !!! LOL!

Seriously Hannah, just enjoy yourself at uni and dont feel pressured. Lifes to short to take seriously.
Laugh, love and enjoy yourself ;)