Saturday 5 May 2012

Hmm...

My boots are dying and I will soon have to replace them, but unfortunately, the prospect of shopping, particularly shoe-shopping fills me with an acute sense of dread. At times like this I am tempted to think that I might be better off if I were slightly more akin to the prototype of my gender. Or, preferably, just a little less agoraphobic.

Usually, I am able to avoid trips to physical places of trade by resorting to t'internet and sites such as Amazon, but I have a feeling that buying heavy-duty footwear which will be in everyday use (and thus must be as comfortable and hardy as possible) without first inspecting it is probably a bad thing.

Is anyone else who has suffered from this problem able to provide a solution - or, alternatively, willing to be my minder - because any useful advice would probably be received with my purchasing you the beverage of your choice?

Also, my coursework is nearly at an end, so the likelihood is that when revision starts in earnest, so will the blogging. (Delete any RSS feeds now!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One the type of shopping I loathe is that of the shoe.

I have a 4 step plan though:
1. Pick a shop you know you will find something in.
2. Pick the first thing that catches your eye.
3. Try it on.
4a. If it fits nicely, buy it!
4b. If not, repeat process.

Good Luck!