Saturday 16 July 2011

A Conversation

I feel like a ship
Broken in two
But everything's fine
What's wrong with you?
Waves of confusion
Break on a forgotten shore
But you got what you want
You can hardly want more?
If the answer were simple
Would the question exist?
What question is that
I don't follow your gist?
I wish I knew
And could see some light
Why do you feel so wrong
When it's all going right?
Why is it no different
When I see what I've got?
How is it that still
You're not content with your lot?
Contentment is one thing
Harder to reach is an easy mind
So you're sticking with melancholia
To accompany your daily grind?

5 comments:

Mark. said...

Clever combination of form and content - I'm always a sucker for formalism complementing expression.

Is it just me though, or does "So you're sticking with melancholia" not feel a syllable too long?

Itastelikedeath said...

Yes, the last "response" is supposed to jar a little - adding a rhythmic jolt is intended to make a tangible point.

I may well change it to fit more appropriately into the structure at some point, but for now it feels relevant to have it this way.

Harry said...

Am I allowed to like this one, because I think I do...

Itastelikedeath said...

Cheers Harry, you can like it if you want to - it takes all sorts... When my mood lifts, we really have to catch up.

Anonymous said...

I love it! It flows quite well. :D