Wednesday 22 June 2011

Thought Saturation

I have been trying a lot of things lately to try not to think about my impending exam results. Today I was editing and finishing off an essay that I started a while ago. This particular piece was tricky to finish for reasons which will become clear if you read it as the subject matter is somewhat self-explanatory.

As always with my writing, it was a difficult decision upon completion as to whether to publish or burn the piece. Two times out of three I will opt for burning (or in some way seeking to destroy), but this time I thought it might be interesting to publish and gauge opinions.

So, if you fancy taking a look, please click the following link: THIS IS THE LINK.

If you do decide to read it, please let me know what you think. This is still a relatively early draft, but without having an English teacher anymore, it's hard for me to look at it objectively to see where to improve.

4 comments:

Bryan said...

That links not working for me Hannah :(

Itastelikedeath said...

Hm, not sure why, it seems to be okay from my end. Perhaps leave it and try again later?

Mark. said...

The only objective improvement I could see was that "A play resembling, to all intents, a true a full existence." presumably needs a comma (I'd personally lose the "a" before "full" as well).

It's a sad piece, but really good. I feel some of the fatalism of the end ought to be trumped by the post-modern charm of revelling in fictionality, but I would feel that way.

I have a couple of other thoughts, but I'll have to hold onto them for, what should hopefully only be, a little while.

Itastelikedeath said...

Ahem, yes, actually, that "a" you refer to is a typo - it should have been "and"...